- Limited Company – 2 Directors.
- Directly Authorised.
- FUM £60m.
- Recurring income of £300k.
- Employee Benefits income of £150k.
Deal Value - £1.15m
Deal value £1.15m - payment over a 9-12 month period with 50% paid as initial cash on condition all clients sign a new service proposition.
Global Financial Services Institution.
- 3 Partner LLP
- Leading UK network member
- FUM £110m
- Recurring income £500k.
- Well managed firm. Impeccable systems and processes.
Deal Value - £1.65m
Deal value £1.65m – payment over 18 months. Employment opportunity for Advisers & Paraplanners with acquirer organisation.
Large Regional IFA – UK office network.
- Sole Trader operating in a traditional form servicing a rural community.
- Long established with a loyal client base comprising £9m FUM and recurring income of £22k.
Deal Value - £65k
Deal value £65k cash & “walkaway”. Immediate industry exit for retiring Adviser.
3 Partner Regional IFA operating within the same geographical area as the vendor.
- South West of England
- 3 Partner, 2 Office IFA firm with £130m FUM generating c£400k recurring income and £50k pre RDR trail.
- Operating in a traditional style.
Deal Value - £1.46m
Deal value £1.46m – payment over 24 months plus ongoing employment for selected Advisory and Support staff with acquirer organisation.
Leading UK IFA – VC backing from US parent company.
- Central London / City firm servicing a HNW client portfolio.
- LLP with both partners seeking a retirement.
- £45m FUM and recurring income of £200k.
Deal Value - £650k
Deal value £650k – payment over 24 months plus 5 year commitment to existing office premises lease.
Regional Accountancy practice with growing financial services division seeking a EC1 location.
- West Midlands sole trader operating from a home office in a traditional style.
- Ill health forced immediate sale.
- Modest portfolio of c£10m FUM and annual recurring fees of c£100k.
Deal Value - £250k
Deal value £250k – payment over 12 months with 50% as initial cash consideration.
Growing Midlands/Oxford area IFA/Wealth Manager.
- Financial Advisory division for leading Regional Building Society wishing for divestment and concentration on core trading specialisms.
- £100m FUM 2,000 active clients.
- Recurring income £300k.
Deal Value - £1m
Deal value of £1m paid in 3 instalments over a 24 month period. Trading style, name and branding of vendor to remain unchanged during the buy-out period.
National Wealth Manager – UK reach. VC backed.
- Husband & Wife team.
- Directly Authorised firm with c£25m FUM and recurring income of £95k.
- A “lifestyle” business.
Deal Value - £315k
Deal value £315k - share sale with consideration paid over 18 months and a 25% new business introducer arrangement.
2 Partner Regional IFA.
- Sole Trader - aged 84 years.
- Modest client database left
unserviced for many years.
- Uncertain active client numbers.
- Validated c11m FUM. Recurring
income uncertain. Latent potential
/ huge risk.
Deal Value - £60k
Deal value £60k paid in cash as an initial one-off payment.
Regional Accountancy Practice.
- Sole Trader - retirement sale following 35 years as an IFA.
- Location - London & SE.
- FUM £55m recurring income of £190k.
- Majority of business with 10 HNW clients.
Deal Value - £625k
Deal value £625k paid over 24 months.
Growth orientated Regional IFA seeking a London presence through acquisition.
- Legal Firm wishing to divest wholly owned financial services division.
- Location – Home Counties & SE.
- £70m FUM & £60m FUI. Recurring income of £250k.
Deal Value - £825k
Deal value £825k – payment over 24 months with 70% as initial cash consideration.
Growth orientated Regional IFA.
- Multi-site Directly Authorised IFA.
- Ltd Company (Directors – Husband & Wife seeking retirement).
- Location – Devon. £70m FUM.
- Recurring income of £340k.
Deal Value - £1m
Deal value £1million – payment over 24 months with 50% as initial cash.
Global Financial Services Institution.
- Chartered Financial Planner / DFM – long established.
- £65m FUM.
- Recurring income c£525k.
- Planned industry exit leading to retirement in medium term.
Deal Value - £1.6m
£1.6m consideration paid over 36 months with employment for advisory staff during buy-out period. Share Sale.
One of the UK’s largest Chartered Financial Planning firms.
- “One man band” advisory firm – traditional home office.
- £40m FUM. Recurring income of c£150k.
- “Too young to retire. Too busy to keep going”.
Deal Value - £500k
£500k paid over deferred term with incentivised earnings model & ongoing employment enabling continued client servicing.
3 partner IFA / Wealth Manager trading within the same geographical area as vendor and clients.
- AR of leading financial services network £100m FUM.
- Recurring income £500k. Strong regional focus.
Deal Value - £1.7m
£1.7m consideration paid over 24 months with 40% as initial cash. Share purchase enabling vendors ETR eligibility.
IFA/ Wealth Manager - strong regional presence in affluent, rural location.
- Independent Chartered Financial Planning Company.
Deal Value - £8.5m
£8.5m for DFM / Investment Management portfolio comprising £300m AUM.
One of the UK’s largest discretionary investment management firms.
- Sole trader IFA – AR of national network.
- £10m FUM generating c£50k recurring income.
- Modesty scaled client portfolio.
- Retirement sale.
Deal Value - £150k
£150k consideration paid over a 12 month period with 50% as initial cash.
Leading Regional Wealth Management Firm.
- Regional Firm of Chartered Accountants – divestment of IFA division.
- £70m FUM
- c£400k of recurring income.
Deal Value - £1.3m
£1.3m – payment over 3 years with 50% as initial cash. All staff re-employed by the acquirer firm.
Leading IFA / Wealth Manager with UK wide growth ambitions.
- Chartered Financial Planner / Wealth Management firm.
- Full DFM permissions.
- £120m FUM / £550k recurring.
- Trading profitably for 20 years.
- 2 Directors seeking retirement.
Deal Value - £1.8m
Share sale. Headline consideration of £1.8m. Payments structured over 18 month term with 50% paid on completion date.
One of the UK’s largest Chartered firms. Multi site locations. Strong market presence & branding.
- Traditional Sole trader / adviser.
- £25m FUM and Recurring income £140k.
- Over-burdened by regulatory pressures & legislative change.
- Unhappily juggling compliant trade with commercial realities.
Deal Value - £490k
Share sale. Headline consideration of £490k. On-going employment contract, shared resources with common purpose. Incentives for new business introduced.
3 Partner IFA / Wealth Manager. Offices and strong presence in same geographical area.
- Family firm. Long trading history.
- Directly Authorised.
- £70m FUM. Recurring income £300k.
- Ill health & lack of ascendency planning forced business sale.
Deal Value - £930k
Asset sale with payment terms structured over a 24 month period in 3 equal instalments of £310k.
National consolidator with strong advisor presence in vendor’s area ensuring competent client servicing.
- Directly Authorised 2 Director DFM.
- £100m FUM - bespoke financial planning model.
- Recurring income c£500k.
Deal Value - £1.6m
Deal Value £1.6m paid in 3 instalments as a share sale enabling vendor ETR eligibility.
One of the UK’s largest Chartered Financial Planning Firms.
- London based Wealth Manager.
- High profile, profitable business.
- Strong HNW client portfolio.
- £300m FUM.
- Centralised Investment proposition.
Deal Value - £7.5m
Paid over an 18 month term subject to defined performance criteria. Vendor to remain in an ambassadorial capacity with acquirer for 12 months.
International organisation achieving growing UK market presence though targeted acquisitions.
- South East of England 2 partner LLP.
- Self-employed model with c£250m FUM and recurring income of £1.4m.
Deal Value - £4.5m
Deal value £4.5m with all advisory staff retained on employed contracts. Consideration paid over a 24 month term. Share sale.
National IFA with ambitions for listing in short-medium term.
- Hampshire based firm with £150m FUM and recurring income of £1m.
- Sole director over-burdened with regulatory and client servicing.
Deal Value - £3.25m
Deal Value £3.25m paid over an 18 month term with business retained in undisturbed form including retention of all staff.
Regional IFA seeking “turn-key” solution to growth strategy and presence in a new geographical market.
- Well established Regional Accountancy practice wishing to divest of Financial Services division to concentrate on core trade.
- £100m FUM generating fee income of c£500k.
Deal Value - £1.68m
Share purchase paid over 36mo subject to achievement of KPIs. Key advisory staff retained. Financial incentives for new business referrals.
Local Wealth Management firm. Alliance with Accountancy firm. Growth through increased client numbers.
- Fire Sale of leading Midlands based IFA following unexpected life changing events.
- £13.5m FUM.
- Recurring income c£70k.
Deal Value - £180k
£180k paid over an 18 month term subject to achievement of set performance criteria specifically client retention.
Large scale acquirer with restricted advice proposition.
- Established IFA wishing to dispose of non-core clients following strategic review and segmentation programme.
- Parcel of 100 clients / £15m FUM.
- Annual recurring income of c£100k.
Deal Value - £300k
£300k to be paid in instalments over a 24 month period - deal terms “back-loaded” providing acquirer warranties for potential client slippage.
Regional IFA operating in the same geographical area. Acquired clients to be serviced by junior advisory staff.